United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) - Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Grants and technical assistance to Delaware agricultural producers, private forestland owners, and Tribes to implement conservation planning activities, conservation practices, and other activities that address concerns about natural resources on farmland. Veterans, Indian tribes, farmers with limited resources, and socially disadvantaged and beginning farmers are eligible for an increased payment rate and may receive advanced payment.
EQIP provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers in order to address natural resource concerns and deliver environmental benefits such as improved water and air quality, conserved ground and surface water, reduced soil erosion and sedimentation or improved or created wildlife habitat.
1. Reduction of non-point source pollutants including nutrients, sediment, and pesticides in impaired watersheds consistent with TMDL’s as well as the reduction of groundwater contamination.
- Agricultural Waste Management Systems - Nutrients, Sediments
- Integrated Crop Management Systems - Nutrients, Pesticides
- Planned Grazing Management Systems - Nutrients, Sediments
2. Conservation of ground and surface water resources
- Irrigation Water Management Systems - Water conservation
3. Reduction of emissions such as particulate matter and volatile organic compounds that contribute to air quality impairment.
- Agricultural Waste Management Systems - Volatile organic compounds
- Poultry House Windbreak Management Systems - Particulate matter
4. Reduction in soil erosion and sedimentation from erodible land.
- Erosion Control Systems - Sediments
5. Promotion of at-risk species habitat recovery
- Biodiversity Management Systems - Habitat recovery
2019 National Water Quality Initiative (NWQI) USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) has exclusive funding to help Delaware farmers in the Clear Brook-Nanticoke River watershed make improvements to their land to improve water quality. For more information, see the URL for Full Text link below and https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/national/programs/initiatives/?cid=stelprdb1047761.
For a list of National Priorities, see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 182673
Payment limitations are set at $450,000 with no ability to waive.
Contracts can last up to ten years in duration.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Staff Contact: Tim Garrahan, Farm Bill Specialist
Phone: (302) 678-4260
FAX: (302) 678-0843
Delaware Local USDA Service Centers
New Castle Service Center Newark, Delaware
New Castle County Agricultural Center
2430 Old County Road
Newark, Delaware 19702
Kent Service Center Dover, Delaware
Kent County Agricultural Center
800 Bay Road
Dover, Delaware 19901-4667
Sussex Service Center Georgetown, Delaware
Sussex County Agricultural Center
21315 Berlin Road
Georgetown, Delaware 19947