Foundation / Corporation
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
10/14/19 3:00 PM ET
Grants to USA and territories nonprofit organizations and public entities to develop principles and guidelines for establishing higher standards of equitable healthcare. Applicants must first submit a brief proposal before being invited to apply.
The purpose of this call for proposals is to identify grantees who can lead an effort to provide:
- Part I: Clear Principles that set a high standard for the health care sector to provide equitable care that fully addresses people’s physical, emotional, and social needs; and
- Part II: Guidance for implementing care delivery that is fully responsive to patients’ goals, needs, and life circumstances, using maternal morbidity and mortality as a case example.
It is expected that these component parts may be led by separate organizations and applicants are invited to apply to lead either one or both component parts.
The goals of the program are to:
- Use evidence and engagement to articulate a set of principles describing bold aspirations for the health care sector to be responsive to patients’ goals, needs, and life circumstances, along the full spectrum of population health improvement activities. These principles should be supported by a set of clear, tested messages that resonate with audiences RWJF aims to reach and influence (Part I, Clear Principles);
- Demonstrate—with concrete examples, and using the principles identified in Part I—how health care can and should help the people they serve live their healthiest lives, with a focus on making change within health care delivery systems (Part II, Guidance);
- Identify and execute communications strategies targeted to health care leaders and stakeholders (Parts I and II, Clear Principles and Guidance).
The program components include activities related to Part I, Clear Principles and activities related to Part II, Guidance (see below for details). Organizations may apply to implement both the Clear Principles and Guidance component parts, but are not required to do so. If two distinct lead grantees are selected for the Clear Principles and Guidance components, the Clear Principles grantee must work closely with the Guidance grantee to ensure the Guidance component is appropriately informed with lessons from the Clear Principles component, and vice versa. Organizations may also apply as a collaboration with a lead organization and subcontractors to execute various program components. In terms of sequencing, there is an expectation that the final products of the Guidance component will be heavily influenced by the findings of the Clear Principles component, but much of the work can take place concurrently, with collaboration and sharing of lessons between the parts.
For more details on the two program components, see: https://anr.rwjf.org/viewCfp.do?cfpId=1459&cfpOverviewId=#page=3
For information on eligible uses of grant funds, see: https://anr.rwjf.org/viewCfp.do?cfpId=1459&cfpOverviewId=#page=6
GrantWatch ID#: 186488
Two grantee organizations or one collaborative of organizations
The Foundation plans to identify two grantee organizations or one collaborative of organizations who will receive up to $3,000,000 for the Clear Principles programmatic component, and up to $2,000,000 for the Guidance component.
Funding is for a 24-month period.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply for the Clear Principles Component: http://my.rwjf.org/applyFromWebsite.do?cfp=2911
Apply for the Guidance Component: http://my.rwjf.org/applyFromWebsite.do?cfp=2912
Emmy Hall Ganos, PhD, senior program officer
Phone: (609) 627-6252
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)