National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) Middle Atlantic Region
04/05/19 4:30 PM ET
Grants of up to $20,000 to Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and Delaware public libraries, IHEs, health departments, schools, and community organizations for outreach and education projects to increase community ability to access health information resources.
The purpose of the Health Information Outreach Award is to fund education and outreach projects that improve access to biomedical and health information and increase the ability of the public and health professionals to use these resources. Projects should emphasize resources produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
Projects are encouraged which include:
- Partnerships between community organizations, such as hospitals, public libraries, volunteer organizations, and community- and faith-based organizations
- A focus on underserved health communities and underrepresented populations
Projects may include the following (other creative ideas are encouraged):
- Development of a clinic-led health information outreach plan that includes presentations and site visits
- Integration of NLM resources into formal continuing education curricula
- Implementation and evaluation of Clinical eCompanion
- Hosting an NLM traveling or online exhibit and programming an event using the materials to promote information resources from the NLM
- Conducting promotional activities, including health fairs, exhibits and demonstrations to increase awareness of NLM information resources to the target population
- Integrating NLM resources into community STEM or Citizen Science activities
- Promotion of health information literacy in health education targeting the future health professions workforce and in support of clinical decision making and/or patient education
- Planning and hosting a regional symposium on health literacy, digital literacy and/or NLM/NIH priorities.
GrantWatch ID#: 185495
Minimum of 6
Up to $20,000
Funding Period: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 to Thursday, April 30, 2020
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
One electronic version of the proposal must be submitted to email@example.com.
To request assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 648-2065.
NNLM Middle Atlantic Region
University of Pittsburgh
Health Sciences Library System
3550 Terrace Street, 200 Scaife Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Fax: (412) 624-1515
USA: Delaware; New Jersey; New York City; New York; Pennsylvania