Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) - Division of Energy, Climate and Coastal Programs
06/29/18 4:30 PM Receipt
Grants to Delaware county, municipal, and state government agencies to support local resilience adaptation and planning activities. Possible projects include flood risk assessments, land use assessments, adaptation planning, and on-the-ground adaptation projects.
Improving the management and wise use of land and water resources while promoting compatible economic development of the coastal zone is a key goal of the Delaware Coastal Programs (DCP) of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. The Resilient Community Partnership program provides technical assistance and potential funding to plan for and reduce the impacts of coastal hazards related to flooding from sea level rise, coastal storms and climate change through the development of planning strategies at the local level.
Limited funding is available for activities that require advanced technical assistance and are required to support the project objectives. The DCP will work with RCP awardee(s) to determine the technical needs of the proposed project and, as appropriate, retain subject matter experts or contractors to meet project requirements and deadlines.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
1. Assessments of vulnerability to flooding due to sea level rise, coastal storms, and nuisance flooding (sunny day flooding),
2. Assessments of local land use ordinances, zoning codes and building codes for the purpose of identifying barriers and opportunities, and recommending improvements,
3. Adaptation plans that outline short and long-term actions that can be taken to reduce vulnerability and increase preparedness, including updating comprehensive land-use plans. Such plans can be drafted for a specific community, town, or region or for a specific type of resource or infrastructure,
4. Design of on-the-ground adaptation projects,
5. Improving communication of risk and adaptation options to affected populations from flooding due to sea level rise, coastal storms, and nuisance flooding.
GrantWatch ID#: 183654
State, county, and municipal government entities within the state of Delaware are eligible to submit a Letter of Interest with planning project ideas for review.
Construction projects, deficit reduction activities, projects that have already been completed, or activities that constitute legally required mitigation for the adverse effects of 3 a regulated activity or otherwise governed by state or federal law are not eligible for this partnership.
Applicants are encouraged to communicate with DCP staff to help answer any questions and ensure all submissions address the specified criteria.
-April 27, 2018: Request for Letters of Interest Announced.
-June 29, 2018: Letters of Interest due to Delaware Coastal Programs Office no later than 4:30 pm. Submissions received after that time will not be reviewed.
-July 18, 2018: Selected Partnership(s) announced.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
ATTN: Resilient Community Partnership Submission
Delaware Coastal Programs
100 W. Water Street, Ste. 7B
Dover, DE 19901