Foundation / Corporation
WITH Foundation (WITH) and the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD)
08/16/18 11:59 PM PDT
Grants of up to $50,000 to USA nonprofit organizations and IHEs to encourage geographic collaborations that improve healthcare for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Funding is intended to foster new partnerships in local communities that will ultimately improve health care quality and delivery for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The WITH Foundation (WITH) and American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD) seek to foster collaboration (within local communities) which results in the promotion and improvement of healthcare for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Only applications that include the collaborative efforts of 3 or more organizations will be considered. The geographic areas of focus are self-selected by the proposing organization/collaborative partners but must be within the United States.
Through this RFP, grants will be awarded to selected applicants that implement efforts which establish or support comprehensive healthcare delivery models for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities; improve health practitioner competency through education or training programs; and/or identify and resolve barriers to high-quality healthcare access for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities This RFP encourages the development of new partnerships between community, healthcare, disability, and/or UCEDD, and LEND programs within the applicant’s local area. If the proposed project includes organizations that have an established/existing partnership(s) than the proposed project must include significant and new programmatic efforts undertaken by the partnership and/or new partners joining the existing collaborative efforts.
Proposals should address one, both or a combination of the following focus areas:
- Establishing or supporting comprehensive healthcare delivery models for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Improving health practitioner competency through education or training programs; and/or
- Identifying and resolving barriers to high-quality healthcare access for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
The goal of this RFP is to foster new partnerships or significantly enhance existing partnerships within local communities that result in the promotion and improvement of healthcare for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
GrantWatch ID#: 181843
Grants of up to $50,000 each will be awarded.
The 1-year grant period is expected to begin by March 1, 2019. Therefore, it is anticipated that projects funded as a result of this RFP will have a grant period of March 1, 2019, to March 1, 2020.
1. University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD)
2. Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) Programs
3. Other Not-for-Profits 501(c)(3) - Healthcare, Community, and Disability organizations.
UCEDD and/or LEND programs and other Not-for-Profit 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to apply. This RFP mandates that proposals be submitted as a collaborative project or partnerships among multiple entities. The role of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
When considering the full array of approaches to providing programmatic support, research, and education in the areas listed above, please be mindful of the following:
For programmatic support - the following areas are excluded for receiving funding through this RFP:
- Projects that do not address healthcare delivery for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Specific therapies that are provided outside of a formal healthcare setting - i.e. physical fitness and/or nutritional programs (“healthy lifestyle programs”)
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies, equestrian therapy, etc.
- Funding for political campaigns, candidates, or legislation
- Funding for Individuals and/or equipment for individuals
- Direct medical service and filling funding gaps between service costs and insurance reimbursement
- Endowments and organizational debt reduction
- Capital campaigns and building related requests
- Organizations or programs that are based and/or provide services to populations outside the United States
A technical assistance conference call will be held on Friday, July 27, 2018 at 1pm PT/4pm ET to answer any questions pertaining to the design of the program and the application. The call-in information is as follows:
Phone Number: 866-317-5076
No passcode is needed.
Please note a recording of the conference call will not be available of those unable to attend. However, relevant Q&A’s raised during the call will be posted on the foundation’s website.
- July 27, 2018: A technical assistance conference call will be held at 1pm PT/4pm ET
- August 16, 2018: Proposals will be due by 11:59pm PT. Proposals must be submitted via online application
- March 1, 2019: The final funding decisions will be announced by this date.
How to apply: https://withfoundation.org/how-do-i-apply/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=specialhope
2225 E. Bayshore Rd., Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94303
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming