Foundation / Corporation
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
05/31/19 5:00 PM ET
Grants to USA, Canada, and International research organizations and government agencies to promote patient-centered healthcare outcomes research and clinical effectiveness research. Funding is intended to provide research support rather than grants for specific research, and may be awarded to nonprofit, for-profit, private-sector, or public-sector research organizations.
Engagement Award: Capacity Building projects to build a community of individuals and organizations better able to participate in PCOR/CER, and/or develop infrastructure and partnerships to disseminate PCORI-funded research results.
The Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Awards are for research support rather than a research funding opportunity. The awards support projects that encourage active integration and meaningful involvement of patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders throughout the research process as integral members of the patient-centered outcomes research/clinical effectiveness research (PCOR/CER) enterprise. PCORI expects projects selected for an Engagement Award to result in tools and resources that may be useful to other awardees for increasing patient and/or other stakeholder engagement in PCOR and CER, PCORI, and the broader PCOR community. The information and tools generated by Engagement Award projects must be generalizable; they must be of interest or use not just to the applicant organizations but to others doing related work. The tools and information will be made public so they can have a broader impact. PCORI is committed to using and broadly sharing this information.
Examples of projects of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Projects to support organizations with strong ties to patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other stakeholders to equip them to engage as partners in PCOR/CER. These projects will focus on building the knowledge, competencies, and abilities of patients and other stakeholders to be meaningful partners in research from topic selection through design and conduct of research to dissemination or implementation of results. These projects may also fund activity to strengthen the skills of researchers to be better partners to patients and other stakeholders involved in PCOR/CER.
- Projects to support organizations with strong ties to end-user audiences to lay the groundwork for disseminating and implementing PCOR/CER results. PCORI intends for these projects to focus on strengthening the infrastructure and relationships necessary to actively disseminate and implement research results or products derived from PCORI or related studies. Project activities may include developing, demonstrating, and evaluating the processes/pathways/tools necessary to incorporate PCOR/CER results into decision-making settings.
Applicants are encouraged to use or adapt available resources whenever possible, rather than develop new products and tools.
Allowable costs (i.e., costs that can be included in a proposed Detailed Budget when applying for a PCORI funding award and charged to the award) may include the following costs that derive from and directly support the project:
- Salaries and fringe benefits for study investigators and other research project staff (including engaged patient and other stakeholder research study partners) related to their percentage of effort on conducting the research project. (Such costs may not include personnel who deliver patient care as a component of their participation in the research project.)
- Consultant fees
- Travel that is necessary for conducting the project
- Expenses related to conducting engagement activities with patients and other stakeholders
- Other direct project expenses
- Indirect costs
GrantWatch ID#: 180287
Award total costs may not exceed $250,000.
The project start date should be no sooner than 90 days from LOI submission deadline.
The maximum project period is 2 years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://pcori.force.com/engagement/CommunitiesCustomLogin
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute
1828 L St. NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20036
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.